Do you or someone you know have what it takes to win one of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) National Small Business Week Awards? If so, New York SBA wants to hear from you! Nominate your company or submit an application on behalf of your favorite local, small business.
Nominations are due by Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Financial Services Champion of the Year Award
- Home-Based Business Champion of the Year Award
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women’s Business Center of the Year Excellence Award
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery – Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Small Business Disaster Recovery – Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Award – Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award – Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award – Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year Award
Applications must include:
- Completed background form (“team” nominations require background forms for each team member)
- Completed nomination form–these vary for each award and are available here.
- An original 8″ x 10″ or 5″ x 7″ photo of each nominee–at least 300 DPI
- A nomination letter to include concise statement of the qualities and performance that merit the award, not to exceed four pages
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one (1) page
- Any supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including but not limited to news clips, letters of recommendation, nomination letter and other evidence of appropriateness of the nomination.
Nominations must be mailed to:
Small Business Administration
Attn: Bailey Wolff
26 Federal Plaza, Suite 3100
New York, NY 10278
For more information, visit the SBA awards page, or
contact Bailey Wolff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 264-1489.