The Embassy of Hungary in Washington, DC has a vacancy for a Consular Assistant. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing an effective and high quality front desk service to our customers, as well as carrying out the responsibilities as office manager, including administrative support to the consular team. The position starts with a probationary period of 90 days and comes with a competitive remuneration package.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provision of high level consular and passport advice and assistance to Hungarian citizens in the USA.
- Registering visa applications from the USA, capture biometrics, check applications and documentation.
- Filing, scanning and archiving.
- Answering the telephone and responding to written and face-to-face customer enquiries.
- Managing and maintaining the electronic appointment calendar.
- Arranging and managing Citizenship Ceremonies.
- The successful candidate must have 1+ years of relevant work experience (including customer services, ideally consular services or paralegal tasks).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in English and Hungarian – oral and written.
- Must have good organisational skills and the ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to handle personal issues/information and deal with staff and clients in a friendly, confidential and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge on IT systems.
- Clean record, must be able to work legally in the USA.Application Instructions:
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with their first and last name, phone and email contacts, and “Consular Officer” in the email subject line before September 1, 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
For any questions about this role and the application process, please contact Dr Mónika Varga, Consul via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please no phone calls.